I want to start by saying wow. I made it to my 20th year of my life. 2020. A new year. A new decade. A new start. As I look back on 2019, I see some very high moments and some very low. The lowest being a lost, broken-hearted girl. I was searching for any answers to why my life was the way it was. Why did I feel broken? Why did I feel stuck? I searched in all the wrong places. I looked to things like drinking and partying. Which was only a temporary solution to my questions. I finally hit rock bottom and that is when I saw the light. God. And now I know God was there the whole time and for whatever reason I didn’t see it until I has nothing left. My life has drastically changed for the better since I started giving Him my all. Looking to God is where I found all the answers I was longing for. In finding Him, I found myself. I realized that I had outgrown my hometown. I had outgrown a lot of my friends. I had outgrown my former self. I had new dreams and new goals that could not be fulfilled where I was or who I was surrounding myself with. I moved to a new town. I started a blog. I made new friends. I found a church. I learned new things. I tried new things. I failed at some things (and laughed it off). I succeed at some things. I became the person I always wanted to be; a fulfilled person. I started being more content with being whoever I wanted to be! 2019 was definitely a year of growth. And with that being said I want to share my intentions for the year 2020:
- #1- Keep God as my first priority. Start journaling again. Start every morning with quiet 1-on-1 bible time. Live for Him. Be more like Him. More of Him, Less of Yourself. You can never be too close to Him. There’s always room for improvement in your relationship with Him.
- #2- Self care needs to become more of a priority. Start doing more of what ME happy. Check in with people who love you for you. Take more alone time. Write more blogs. Go to a coffee shop. Go take a walk. Read a book. Listen to a podcast.
- #3- Get healthy. Start buying only healthy foods at the store. Stop making excuses and workout. You are the only person stopping yourself. You only get 1 body… treat it right. You feel better when you look better – you know that.
- #4- Make new friends. Get out of your comfort zone. This is your new home. Talk and mingle more in places where you don’t know anyone. Never change who you are for people you are around.
- #5- Start saying “no” without explanation. Say “no” without feeling guilty. If you don’t want to go out, then say “no”. Stop feeling guilty for doing what is best for YOU. You don’t owe an explanation to anyone.
- #6- Set goals. Reach them. Keep working hard. Remember your worth. Don’t settle. Keep dreaming and keep working for those dreams. Remember your “why’s.” Be kind. Stay humble. Be an example.
I cannot wait to look back and see all the progress I make over the next 12 months.